Review Submitted By:
Started on Armageddon
: December 2003
Apr 21, 2006
TMC Listing: Armageddon
The following review is the opinion of the review's author [Larrath]
and in no way represents the opinions of this website or its staff.
Do you like Deadwood? Did you like the first season of Carnivale`? We
like them too and we're sort of similar to them in a few ways!
Namely, we too are gritty, mysterious, and awesome.
Armageddon is a roleplay intensive MUD. This means several things:
1) Death is brutal and permanent. Resurrections are only made if you
die to a game bug.
2) There are no global channels and OOC communication in the game
3) There are no levels, though we do have Classes. The game is skill
4) The game is hard. Characters will try to help a new player in the
game, but usually only to a limit.
Armageddon is hard and has a difficult learning curve. On the other
hand, it is a very unique and original setting (based on Dark Sun),
full of REAL mysteries that are actually difficult to discover and not
known by most players.It has a high calibre of players. There are
also Player Helpers, and those can help new players to get used to the
game and to manage to swim with the rest of us.
What you will find inside Armageddon:
1) One of the richest and mos detailed roleplaying environments
online, bar none.
2) A deadly world where the strong thrive and the weak die, and
where the struggle for survival can be almost overwhelmingly
desperate at times.
3) An absolutely incredible *system* of magick (not just a few
fleshed-out spell groups), whose secrets are mostly unknown even
to experienced magickers.
4) Grit, sand, dust, silt and sun. The world is dying.
What you will not find in Armageddon:
1) Stock areas. The areas are all original and well written.
2) People openly ridiculing the Nobility and demanding democracy -
our roleplay is realistic.
3) The ability to recall or use any other impossible abilities
(except mages), with the single exception of very limited
4) Peace and harmony. We live to hate.
5) Some MUD that's run by a few kids that can't really handle it -
we've been around for 15 years and counting!
What you will find around Armageddon (eg, our community):
1) An active forum for all your socializing needs.
2) A long list of willing Player Helpers to help you get started.
3) A staff that constantly implements new code and ideas.
4) An IRC channel where you can happily idle and listen to jaded
former players, watch newcomers become corrupted, and behold
Mansa, the bespectacled wonder of the world.
1) A very detailed Emote command, including hidden emotes
and the ability to nest emotes into nearly any command -
Directions, Stand/Sit/Walk, Speech, Look and more!
2) A wealth of documentation that only looks scary. Our documentation
3) A gigantic world with multiple settlements, each with its distinct
4) Many organizations (clans) to be joined, each awesome and
5) The mantis head, and Baobob the Kank.
6) A magick system that will blow you away. No joke.
Armageddon is there for those of us that like our roleplay serious,
intense and full-time. It's hard to get used to it, but it's worth
the effort. You've never seen a MUD like this. Buy one, get another
Armageddon requires Character Applications and an Account (completely
and absolutely free) to be created. This is intimidating, but don't
let it scare you. Don't forget that the Player Helpers are there to
help you out.
Main page: www.armageddon.org Forum: www.zalanthas.org Helper List:
www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php Weekly list of new changes to the
game (this is cool): http://www.zalanthas.org/weeklyupdate/
We want you! You want us! Come meet Ginka, and keep a Nilazi company.